- 2 strips of bacon
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup canned red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup small pasta (I used Conchigliette)
Slice the bacon into 1/4-inch strips and cook in a medium-sized pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon from pot and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
Add the chopped onions to the pot and cook 2-3 minutes until translucent.
Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
Stir in the Worcestershire Sauce, the red beans, the diced tomatoes and the mixed vegetables. Stir for 1 minute.
Add the chicken broth and stir in the cooked bacon.
Season with salt and pepper and bring to a gentle boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the pasta and cook on low heat until pasta is al dente, about 4 minutes.