HEALTHY GREEK COUSCOUS SALAD
- 1 1/2 cups dry couscous (can use gluten free)
- 3 cups chicken or flavoured stock of choice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch marjoram
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 large roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1/2- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup olives/semi dried olives/sun dried tomatoes
- Balsamic vinegar for topping (optional)
- In a large pot, add the stock of choice and on medium heat, bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and add the olive oil and sea salt and mix well. Add the dry couscous and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes before removing from the heat. Allow the couscous to sit for 5-6 minutes, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- After the liquid has been absorbed, fluff the couscous with a fork and add the dried basil, dill, garlic powder and marjoram and mix very well. Stir through the olive oil until the couscous is coated.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, feta and olives (and any other additions) and mix well until fully incorporated. Top with extra feta and drizzle with balsamic and olive oil.