CARIBBEAN CHICKEN TACOS
Recipe: Caribbean Chicken Tacos
- 1 habanero
- 3 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger, cut into quarters
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon Jamaican Allspice
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ cardamom
- 2 lbs. chicken breast
Mango Cilantro Salsa
- 2 mangos, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
To prepare Caribbean chicken:
- Place all ingredients except for the chicken in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pierce chicken with a fork to create little holes. Transfer marinade and chicken into a plastic bag and seal. Rub marinade into chicken.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until thickest part of chicken reads 165 degrees F on an instant read thermometer.
- Alternately, you can bake the chicken in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until thickest part of the chicken reads 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
To prepare Mango Cilantro Salsa:
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.