- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups diced onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (9.6 oz) bag Jimmy Dean pre-cooked turkey sausage crumbles OR 1/2 lb cooked pork breakfast sausage
- 8 oz (about 10) lasagna noodles, broken into 1/4ths
- 1 (10 oz) can Ro-tel diced tomatoes (or regular diced tomatoes)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste, about 1/2 teaspoon each
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella pearls
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and onion over medium-high heat stirring occasionally until browned. Drain excess grease if necessary. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for one minute until fragrant.
- Evenly add the pre-cooked sausage, lasagna pieces, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water over the skillet. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes over medium to medium-low heat. Shake the skillet occasionally to evenly distribute the noodles as they soften. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Top with mozzarella pearls and broil for 3-4 minutes until golden and bubbly.